Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sarah Swope 1787-1862


I would like to thank Howard Vest for all his help the other day!

To my family: Sarah "Sally" Swope married Joshua Harvey. She is mother to Elizabeth Bell Harvey who married John Pack, grandmother to Mary Jane Pack who married Alexander Basham, and great grandmother to John Wesley Basham.

Cemetery is located off Rte. 19 beyond Ghent. Once the road becomes parallel with I77 you will see an unmarked, steep dirt road to your right.

"In Memory of Sally Harvey who died Feb. 21, 1862 and was born 1787"


2 comments:

  1. Interesting reading here. I see some of my family names in here. My grandmother who raised me Sibyl Bragg from Suck Creek lived in Streeter before getting a farm on Ellison Ridge when she was married to Pete Crush (my last name). She was raised on a farm on Suck Creek by the old school which is on family property. My cousin Cletis lives next to it near where the old farm house use to be. Sometimes I browse and see wht I can find to read about my family. The Lilly Reunion use to be the thing and then the Braggs started doing their own reunion on my grandmother's old farm called Journey's End. Thanks for the trip back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curtis, thanks so much for your comment. I'll make a note of your grandmother's name. You are welcome to send me anything you would like to share on the site and I will gladly post it.
    Thanks,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete