Thursday, June 10, 2010

More Clues About Origin of Streeter Name

I have been out of commission due to computer problems. All is well now and I have lots more to share...

I spoke with Jack Pack a few weeks ago and I asked him how Streeter was named. According to Jack, Streeter was originally named after Vandalia Harvey (as I reported in an earlier post). Later the village was named after a man with the last name Streeter from New York someone knew. He said he did not know who this man was.

This certainly helps me out and when I uncover more information I will pass it along.

As soon as I get my scanner properly installed on my new computer I will upload some more photos.

2 comments:

  1. So glad I ran across your blog; A B Pack is my great grandfather & Rhoda Ann was named
    after my great great grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog! It's work and work that I wish I had more time to complete, but I think it's important to preserve this info. Thanks MKB!

    ReplyDelete